Sunday, September 27, 2009

New Apartment




I haven't done very many craft projects in the last few months, but I thought I would upload a few photos of my apartment instead. I have spent a lot of time painting and decorating my new place. I even made a few pillows and a curtain for my bedroom. Next on the agenda is recovering the couch (bright raspberry) and making new curtains for the living room. I will keep you posted on those projects.

Here are two pictures of the kitchen. One is of the view from the kitchen into our living room. We worked really hard to find a cheerful green that still looked good with the gray we had selected for the living room and (maybe more importantly) that didn't make all my red appliances look like Christmas decorations. We eventually chose Benjamin Moore's Seedling. It reminds me of an olive oil bottle in the best possible way.

The second picture showcases the amazing wooden cabinet the previous tenants sold to us. Please note the cat on the stove, the baby scale holding the fruit (Boston purchase), the silver baking goods containers (Columbus purchase), and my ever-adorable mixer (Chicago gift). I am also extremely taken with the rabbit dish towel I picked up at the Renegade Craft Fair a few weeks ago. The spice rack is an old tape holder Annie and I salvaged from the alley behind our house. It works extremely well.

No comments:

Post a Comment