Sunday, September 27, 2009

Living Room




Here are a few photos of the living room. This room is still a work in progress. I mentioned earlier that I am planning on recovering the couch in bright raspberry and making new curtains for the french doors to the porch. I think I will also make a few throw pillows with black and turquoise to connect the chairs.

The Chicago Neighborhood Map is above the couch temporarily, but will likely be replaced with black and white photographs that belong to my roommate. The colors of the map are just a little bit too yellow for the gray walls. I think black and white prints will look really great, especially when contrasted with the bright furniture. The gray we chose is Benjamin Moore's Fusion. It is dark, but it has a great purple undertone that makes the room feel cozier. My beloved turquoise chairs look really sophisticated against the dark background. I'm pretty excited to work on getting the rest of the room up to snuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment